Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Cost of Gas - What is it Really???

What should gas really cost?
Every few days as I pass the gas station the price posted is different – not a full week goes by that the gas price has remained stable.  I watch to see when it is over the $4.00 mark – and I start to get anxious.
As I drive down Route 202 I look to see what the prices are at the Shell and Hess stations – they tend to be anywhere from $0.05 to $0.10 more than on Route 6.  Driving on Route 6 I look at the Getty station as they tend to be the least expensive on that road.  Then next to the BP which is generally a cent or two more than Getty; but, they charge the same whether it is cash or credit.  Then to Valero which is usually always $0.05 to $0.07 more expensive; but, also the same price whether it is cash or credit and it is a full service station.  Lastly, the Shell station which takes the Stop ‘n Shop rewards points – where you can pay anywhere from $0.10 to $0.60 cents less per gallon.
I do my food shopping at Stop ‘n Shop and the gas rewards points has become very handy – I was psyched the day I had $0.60 off per gallon – I paid $3.39/gallon – I am not sure where in New York you can get gas at that price.
I am aware that other countries pay way more than we do for gas – all I am asking is that we do not have these huge swings in pricing every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment