Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Am Not a Prude, But. . .

I cannot believe that I went onto Linkedin and was shocked that someone who is from HR had used the "F" word in their blog.

I am not a prude; and, I have used that word myself - BUT - not in my writing or in anything that I post on my Facebook or Linkedin account.  The word has its time and place and I don't believe that social media is one of them.

It has become too easy for us to communicate through four letter words rather than expanding our vocabulary by finding other words that can communicate our discontent, anger, etc. just as well.  

In truth, besides words that can communicate our thoughts so is our body language.  Be more of an individual and use your vocabulary and body language - don't revert to four letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment