Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brand - Is This Important?

Do you have a brand?  Do you know what a brand is and why you may want to have one?
Many of you may be thinking of Coca-Cola or GE or any multitude of companies who have a brand and are known just by looking at them.  Who doesn’t know that the box with the smile is from Amazon or tag lines like “America runs on Dunkin’” – but what about YOU?
What is your brand?  How do people distinguish you and think of you?  I have been classified with two things – anytime I am wearing a business suit I have a pin on my lapel.  I have had people stop by to say “hello” just to see what pin I am wearing.  Yes, they are seasonal so throughout October I will wear Halloween pins, the winter will see many snowmen pins and throughout the summer there are many butterflies or Tinker Bell pins.
The other is that I look as if I took time to put myself together each morning.  I just recently had my Vice President comment on that.  Think about what lasting impression you want to leave with other individuals.  What does your brand say about you; are you detail oriented, caring, aware of your surroundings?
It is never too late to decide what that image will be.  Put together YOUR brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment