Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home Repair - ME???

I am not good with home repairs – you are speaking to the women who would go ahead and hit a nail with her shoe heels instead of a hammer.  But, I finally had to do something about it.

In October I had a new thermostat installed which left a hold where the old one was; as well as, a blank area that was not the same color as the rest of the room.  For months (as you can see) I was hoping that my boyfriend would take care of it – he offered.  Or I was going to call a Honey Do Man.

As you can see it is mid-July, 9 months later and I had no clue how to fix this myself.  Well, I was watching HGTV’s Star show and one of the designers showed how to plug the hole, sand it and then just paint over it.

Yesterday on my way home from the gym I stopped by Home Depot picked up spackle, a putty stick and fine sandpaper.  An hour later, the hole is plugged, sanded and painted.  I will no longer have to look at the eyesore; AND, more importantly I did it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment