Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hot & Humid in New York City

I had forgotten how sticky and uncomfortable a summer business day could be in New York City.

Generally, I am not bothered by the heat and humidity because I am going from my air conditioned home to my air conditioned car to my air conditioned office and I am in the heat maybe 5 minutes.  But, yesterday I was not driving to my Long Island office; but, taking the train to Manhattan for meetings in two different offices.

For over a week now the temperature at 6AM in the morning has been 80 degrees and yesterday was no exception.  And as we dress professionally for work there I was in the heat in a pants suit.  Well, waiting for a taxi and walking a few blocks through the city had me stripping my jacket off and glad that I had worn a sleeveless blouse.  Going home on the train even though it was air conditioned I had to take my jacket off because it could not battle the sun reflecting off the window and the Hudson River.

We keep waiting for the thunderstorms that will ease the heat; but, right now it is only making it more humid as the steam comes up from the streets.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment