Friday, July 19, 2013

Cooking in the Heat Wave

Today was another scorcher of a day with the temperature reaching 100!!!
I don’t cook for myself on any given night; but, I will cook when others are going to be coming over and that is what I did last night.  My boyfriend was coming over and I offered to cook him dinner – it has been awhile since I had done so and I knew he would enjoy it.  His one recommendation was make it something light.
My goal was to find something light, easy and did not take a lot of time.  I came upon it – a salad of corn, tomatoes, green onions and avocado with a lime and olive oil dressing on a bed of arugula and chicken with mushrooms, thyme and wine.  I also picked up Artisan bread that already had olive oil and some salt.
The salad took no time at all – and the chicken was only a 15 minute dish.  The meal was delicious, filling and yet not a lot of calories.
A nice meal doesn’t have to take hours – and it is better to eat a light meal in all this heat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment