Sunday, July 21, 2013

Not the Umbrella

I have never seen this before and I was totally stupefied!!!
A couple of weeks ago I was making breakfast and looked out the French doors to the patio and my outdoor furniture – as my eyes trailed up to the umbrella I noticed that the umbrella covering was slowly ripping apart from the pole.  How can this be???
Well of course we had had several days of rain in June and 15 inches of rain and the weight of the wetness had pulled the covering from the pole.  Like I said I was stupefied – when does this ever happen??  Well in speaking with my girlfriend, Pat on Friday she let me know that it had happened to her too – okay I feel better.
Yesterday I took the old umbrella out of the stand (not an easy feat) the pole is 7 ft and I am barely 5 and the diameter of the umbrella stand hole is 2 inches; but, out it came and in went the new umbrella.
I hope this one lasts a few years – I do not leave it up in the winter time – down it comes and in its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment