Friday, May 31, 2013

A Day of Leadership & Re-Connecting

Today I am attending Villanova's EMBA Alumni Annual Leadership Conference.  I have been looking forward to this for the last few weeks.  Every year those of us who attended Villanova's EMBA program try to get together to learn, network and reconnect with our former classmates.

I haven't been able to make it the last couple of years so I am glad that I took a PTO day and paid to come to the conference.  I believe that you are never to old to learn - work today is very different than it was 5 years ago; and, certainly from when I entered the work force almost 40 years ago.

There is social media - some folks no longer even write a formal resume.  Nowadays when I receive a resume the first thing I do is go to Linkedin to read more about the individual.

Today we will tackle all these issues and how to stay relevant in the job market.  I hope that each of you have an opportunity to think about these issues; but, more importantly have avenues to get the answers.

So with this conference I start my weekend - at 5 this afternoon when it is over - I am off to the Jersey shore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment