Saturday, May 25, 2013

Good News

This week ends with good news.  My desktop help desk organization was able to restore the information on my hard drive and transfer it a new one.

I received the information on Thursday night and they wanted to install the new hard drive yesterday.  Unfortunately, I was working remotely so we have made arrangements to meet at 7:30 on Tuesday morning.

They will install a new hard drive with all my information; as well as, back it up to the U drive that is on the network.  You have no idea how relieved I am - as I said this is two years of work and hundreds of projects, quotes, etc.  I had no idea how I was going to recreate that work.

I am now being extra cautious and have also purchased a back up drive that I will back up my work computer on daily.  So I should have my information in three places in the future my hard drive, U drive and portable back up drive.

You can never be too careful - especially after seeing your work disintegrate!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment