Monday, May 20, 2013

Grocery Store

I am usually at the grocery store a couple of times a week.  I have also taken to bringing my own recyclable bags - they are sturdier than the plastic bags at the store and you receive a 5 cent discount for having your own bag.

I tend to take 2 or 3 with me as I can certainly put a lot more in my recyclable bags than in the plastic bags.  The bags are not the issue - it is the baggers.

I always do self checkouts; and, the bagger will begin to place my items in a plastic bag - I stop them and say "I have my own bags" and with that they step away and stop bagging.

Is there an unwritten rule that I am not aware of?  If you bring your own bags, does it mean that they cannot help you bag?  Am I not doing the correct ecological thing by bringing my own bags?

Someone help me understand this concept - use plastic and I will bag for you, bring recyclable and you have to do it yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment