Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FEMA Training


I hope you spent your Memorial Day doing more exciting things than I did.

We were required to complete two on-line FEMA courses prior to June 1st - I was told by a couple of colleagues to expect this to take some time, to print out the course information and to not be distracted.

I thought that this past weekend would be the best time to tackle it - I did and it took me 7 hours to finish.

First the courses are divided into 6 sections of which you must read all parts of it and complete the short exams throughout.  Afterwards you must complete the exam and receive a passing grade higher than 75.  I did for the first course; I did not for the second.

The unfortunate thing is that they never tell you which item you had wrong or what your score is - I ended up taking the second exam 5 times before I passed.

I can be stubborn at times and I was determined to finish this on Monday and not have it weighing on my mind any longer.

Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment