Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

We are not Mexican; but, today we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  

Last night I set the table and today's menu will consist of homemade guacamole, homemade beef nachos, cheese quesadilla, mexican lasagna, salad; and for dessert papaya slices with queso fresco and Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman's) tres leches cake.

I will hit the gym and take my Zumba class and then I will stop by the grocery store to pick up the ground beef and the fixings for salad.  As soon as I get home I will start on the tres leches cake and the salad.

The guacamole, nachos and mexican lasagna will not take that long and are all easy to make.

As always it is just a great excuse to get together as family and try a different culture's foods.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment