Monday, May 6, 2013

My Cake

This is the third tres leches cake I have made.  Although maybe it is the second because last year I made it twice thinking I had made it wrong.

I am very happy with it although you begin to wonder how anyone's cake is almost 2 inches high when in reality when this cake comes out it does deflate a little.  For the first time I not only had the instructions but it had been blogged step by step - so there I was with my computer and printed recipe instructions.

The nice thing is that it doesn't take twelve hours to make - but, you can have it all done in 2 1/2 hours even with the cooling period and the 30 minutes for it to soak in all the milks.

What makes the time, effort and work all worthwhile is when my family says that it is really good.

There is nothing more therapeutic than cooking - at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment