Thursday, May 30, 2013

6 Month Check Up

It has been six months since I had my core biopsy and I had to have my follow up mammogram to make sure that everything was still good.

I am happy to report that six months later everything is good - and I no longer need to have another exam for a year.

I do have to tell you that sometimes I wish people would understand how some of their actions affect an individual.  I was asked by the technician to have a seat while she read the films.  I was fine; but, the longer she took and kept reviewing various films the more nervous I got.  She then told me she had to go out of the room for a minute - and I was convinced I had breast cancer as her demeanor was quite stern and serious.

Ten minutes later she came back to tell me that everything was good - that it took so long as the Doctor went through all of my films for comparison purposes and that I was good to go.

What I don't think people realize is that their body language, facial expression and silence can sometimes make another individual anxiety riddenI need to remember this myself when dealing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment