Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Computer Woes


On Friday evening I turned off my work computer and didn't think anything of it until I went to turn it back on Sunday evening and I received a message, "OS Error"What did that mean?  After several times of re-booting and receiving the same error I called the Help Desk.

The Help Desk's comment to me was to open a ticket and tell me that it didn't sound good.  I let them know that I would be in New York City on Monday and that I would call them as soon as I  arrived to pick up my computer.  They had my computer for a couple of hours and came back with it to advise me that the operating system was corrupted and my hard drive would need to be recovered.  And recommended that I have the Help Desk in Long Island take a look at it.

Yesterday the Help Desk in Long Island picked up my laptop - a few hours later I had my laptop back with a new hard drive.  I was glad to be able to work again; but, I am upset that two years worth of work is on the bad hard drive.  I am begging the Help Desk to recoup my information and I will have to try to build some of it all from emails that have attachments to them.

They have now given me a drive on the network to save my documents to - I will use it.  But, can you believe how dependent we have become to this 13 inch, 6 pound device???!!!

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment