Friday, October 24, 2014

On a Dreary Day


The past two days in New York have been dank, dreary, windy and rainy.  Most individuals on those days just want to stay in bed and hibernate - NOT ME!

These past two days I have been doing catch up on email messages, reviewing different proposals, learning how to provide a project status in a new program and completing my Ebola Virus initial training.

The rain and dankness acts as a cocoon and provides the quiet and time I need to focus and get things completed for work.  I know that this is probably strange and not what most people would do; but, this is the way I work and concentrate.  Given that I get 3 to 4 messages for each one that I write it can become difficult to stay caught up.

My need to focus, have some quiet and give my total attention to these emails, proposals and meetings is tantamount to being able to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment