Thursday, October 16, 2014

Go With the Flow


I am one of those folks who can attest to the fact that I rarely have commuting issues.  My train is generally always on time and it works like a clock.

Except for yesterday.  I was ready early yesterday morning - much having to do with my inability to sleep that night.  So I was ready to leave the house 10 minutes earlier than usual; but, decided that I would wait for a quarter to the hour.  I left at 6:45 to catch the 7:06 train.

I did my swing around to find a metered parking space and thought I was quite lucky to find a spot that was $0.25 for each 45 minutes - I put in enough quarters to cover me for 9 hours and 45 minutes.  I had time to stop by the restroom and just as I was going to the track that would cover my train - a voice came on.  I was expecting them to state that the train would be on a different track - but - NO.

The announcement was that the 7:06 train was cancelled due to mechanical issues and there would be another train coming in 20 minutes.  It did and it was packed - I took the first seat I could find (the ride is an hour long) and managed to settle in while the rest of the commuters were standing.

I made it to work in time for my 9AM meeting and I have to admit that this situation is the exception rather than the norm.  Besides I would much rather ride the train then drive to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment