Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Nice Visit



It isn't very often that Gerard, my nephew and I have time alone with each other but we did yesterday and it was good to catch up.

I had asked Gerard to stop by if he didn't mind to give him his World Soccer magazine and for his and the boy's Halloween cards and gifts.  I won't see Ryan before Halloween as he will be heading up to Boston for a hockey tournament; and, I had bought him and Callum a Halloween shirt which I thought Callum would enjoy wearing to school on Halloween.

This alone time with Gerard gave us an opportunity to talk about some family issues; but, more importantly for me to find out what he wanted to do for his birthday - go out to dinner or my cook something special for him.  He selected my cooking for him.  I also was able to get some other items that he would like for his birthday then just black sweat socks.

He is such a low key, low maintenance individual who has not a bad bone in his body. He is genuinely a wonderful individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment