Saturday, October 11, 2014

In the Kitchen


I will spend the majority of this Saturday in the kitchen - cooking.

I will go to my aqua aerobics class; but, then I will be heading home to tackle the last of the apples that we picked a couple of weeks ago.  I have not baked for Gerard or my boyfriend yet so I will make the cinnamon apple bread, apple oat cheesecake bars and apple sauce.

The majority of the time will be peeling and coring the apples - then the easy part is the mixing and baking.  Then putting it in a nice presentation for them to take home.

As Gerard and the boys will be by for dinner and it is Columbus Day weekend I will make them some baked ziti with ground meat and Italian sausage, garlic bread and a healthy salad.  I have ordered a cannoli cake for dessert so they  do not have to open their baked goods.

Like a girlfriend of mine - cooking is therapeutic, it makes me happy when people enjoy what I have cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment