Friday, October 10, 2014

Going Back



Do you ever have an opportunity to go back to your old neighborhood?  Do you notice the changes?

This past week my work travels took me through the 4 miles that I constantly frequented when I lived in New York City and I was amazed at the changes.  What stores and restaurants no longer were around.  What new stores and restaurants were now in the neighborhood.  What new buildings were up and about.

I was in awe - it has been 10 years since I moved out of my apartment in Tudor City - right in midtown Manhattan it was easy to go uptown, downtown or crosstown.  It has become a more upscale neighborhood - not that it wasn't when I lived there; but, to see stores like Vince Camuto was surprising.

I was glad for the opportunity to see the changes - I was happy and glad for the time I lived there.

No comments:

Post a Comment