Thursday, October 9, 2014

Did You See It?


Were you aware that yesterday morning we had a lunar eclipse?   It was actually the second one for this year.

I heard on the news that the pinnacle of the eclipse would be between 6AM and 6:15; and the only thing that we would see of the moon would be this red aura.  Unfortunately I had to be on the 5:53 train yesterday morning so I would miss the eclipse; but, I was able to see the moon get covered little by little.

I am not sure I have ever experienced a lunar eclipse.  As a child I can always remember the eclipses that we had to view through a device and not look into the sun when it occurred.  I don't even know if this happens any longer.

It was just a good day to see science and nature working in harmony for a beautiful transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment