Thursday, May 1, 2014

Not This Summer


Just last week we were hearing that New Jersey was having drought related fires that were being spurned by the wind.

Well given the amount of rain we had yesterday I doubt that we should have any drought situations this summer.  There are areas that received more than 4 inches of rain throughout the day and evening.

I was in the city and there were several times that I had to walk up a street for a half a block because I could cross the street without having a puddle up to my ankles.  There was one corner that had a huge puddle and a taxi went through it at about 40mph - you should have seen how that water splattered in an arc.

Can I tell you that I was actually quite lucky in that the rain was manageable in the morning as I drove to the train station and then walked the 12 blocks to the office.  I ran out at 1:45 to pick up something to eat and then when I left in the afternoon I was able to catch a cab after walking one block to the train station.

Once home it was not so bad to put everything in the back seat, grab it once I got home and to get my mail.  Hopefully as they have promised it will be over today.

No comments:

Post a Comment