Sunday, May 25, 2014

Getting Ready for the Season


Gerard, Carrie and Callum will be over today to celebrate Memorial Day and I will use the grill for the first time this summer season.

Yesterday I went ahead and uncovered the patio furniture, cleaned it and put out the cushions.  I also cleaned the grill and got it ready for today's bounty: steak, lobster tails, portabello mushrooms, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes will all go on the grill.  I will sautee mushrooms and onions to complement the steak, make a sauce for the sweet potatoes and make a tomato, corn and avocado salad.  For dessert I will make a cake for Callum and a cherry cobbler.

Yes, I know it seems as if I am going all out - I don't do this every time; but, I thought it would be a nice change.

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment