Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Little Pain


I keep forgetting that I am going to be 59 not 39 and as a result of that I have pulled a muscle on my left side and am in a little bit of pain.

As you all know I live alone - that therefore means that I need to do most everything including heavy lifting by myself.  On Tuesday evening a console table arrived that I had ordered and the box stated that the item was 60 pounds.  By myself, I lifted it out of the box, proceeded to move it to its permanent location.  Put the legs on it and had it all set up and then hoisted it on to its legs.

I loved the look of it and it now completes everything I wanted to do in the house this year (with the exception of the attic) and I was pleased with myself.  I was not so pleased when I woke up on Wednesday morning to have a pain on my left hip area.  This pain got progressively worse during the day and really hit home when I had been sitting for awhile and tried to stand up.

Will this deter me in the future from doing things on my own - ABSOLUTELY NOT - especially when this afternoon I will be finishing up my patio area with the new papasan chair, plant ladder and a portable water center.

No comments:

Post a Comment