Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two Hours


On Tuesday I had a meeting that went from 4PM to 5PM; I pulled out of the parking lot at 5:16 and got to my home at 7:15.

It generally does not take me 2 hours to drive home, it is a trip that I have done in an hour more often it is an hour and a quarter.  Given the time I thought it would take me an hour and a half.  I really was getting excited when it only took me 30 minutes from the parking lot to the Hutchinson River Parkway - I thought great news.

UNTIL, I was on the Sprain Parkway and we came to a dead standstill.  My thoughts were I am going to take the local roads home instead of getting on the Taconic Parkway.  Just as I move over into the right lane to get off on 9A I notice that the road is closed.  So I continue to crawl on the Taconic and notice that the backlog is due to everyone trying to get off at the next exit.

Once we passed the exit is was smooth sailing the rest of the way home; now you know why I try never to leave the Long Island office any later than 3:30; but, there are times that it cannot be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment