Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinco de Mayo


For years now we have been celebrating Cinco de Mayo - none of us are Mexican; but we enjoy the food and a reason to get together.

I started my cooking on Friday evening as I made the beginnings of a Tres Leches cake, then yesterday early afternoon I made my cheese danish - I made two platters because the second one was going to become sopapillas.  Per the Pillsbury instructions all I had to do was refrigerate the danish, cut it into squares and drizzle some honey over it.

I then prepped by cutting up my onions for the nachos and the Mexican lasagna, the tomatoes and red onion for the guacamole.   The cooking begins at 4PM when I know that Gerard would be on the road.

The highlight of the evening would be that Callum would spend the night - today he and I will go to Barnes & Noble and to Home Depot to pick up hardhats, vest and safety glasses for work.  It will be another experience for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment