Monday, May 26, 2014

Success



I have to say that I am quite pleased with my self - my grilled dinner last night was a major success.

With the exception of the sauteed mushrooms and onions, the salad and the desserts everything else was grilled.  My nephew, Gerard was quite surprised that I had grilled not only steak; but, also lobster tails which I had sauteed with garlic butter.  I had also grilled a potato and a sweet potato - for the sweet potato I then created a sauce of butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon - can I tell you that it tasted like a cinnamon bun.  

Because Carrie does not really eat meat or fish I grilled portobello mushrooms and after grilling them I stuffed them with chopped tomatoes and goat cheese.

For dessert I made a cherry cobbler and a yellow cake with chocolate icing for Callum - Gerard had both desserts and Callum had 3 pieces of cake.

I guess I ended up outdoing myself without thinking that I had - I love it when people enjoy what I have cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment