Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Packing


I have a bit of a busy weekend and early next week - and need to pack for a conference that begins on Sunday.

Saturday I have to be in the city overseeing a video conference from our Operating Room to the Orlando Convention Center and then I am off to Penn Station to catch a train to Baltimore where I will be with other VCI-Group members exhibiting and attending the American Telemedicine Association's (ATA) annual conference.

Since it isn't a business day I have decided to wear navy blue slacks, a yellow t-shirt and a multicolored sweater on Saturday - this will be appropriate for the hospital; but, also comfortable for traveling.  On Sunday morning we will need to set up our booth so I have a pair of tailored jeans, a t-shirt and a striped seersucker 3/4 length sleeve jacket which will be fine for getting a little sweaty and dirty.  For the evening when the exhibit hall opens and there is a reception I have a nice sleeveless navy and green dress with a navy shrug.

For Monday and Tuesday I have navy slacks with tops and blazers - all in the navy category enables me to not worry about accessories or too many shoes.

All those years of traveling overseas for weeks at a time in different climates has taught me how to pack and limit what I have to take with me.  Invaluable training.

No comments:

Post a Comment