Thursday, December 5, 2013

Uneventful Travel


The Metro North railroad line I take to work is the Hudson, the line where there was a major accident with deaths and casualties on Sunday morning.

I go into the city for work each Wednesday and take the train in - on Tuesday I was pondering what I would do?  Drive to Manhattan, drive to Valhalla, park at Kensico Dam and take the train from there or drive down to the Bronx, park the car and take the subway in.

On Tuesday evening one of the dispatchers from Metro North texted me that the Hudson line was operational again and that I could take the train in the morning just realizing there might be a 15 to 20 minute delay.  That was great - I would just take the earlier train (6:44 vs. the 7:05).

I was very surprised the train arrived on time at Peekskill and pulled into Grand Central on time.  Going home there were no issues and the train again left Grand Central on time and arrived in Peekskill on time.

My condolences go to the families who lost a loved one on Sunday, to the individuals who were hurt and to the engineer who "nodded off".  My hat is off to Metro North in getting the track operational so that commuters were only inconvenienced for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment