Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second Time Can Be the Charm


I was not pleased with the coquito that I made on Friday night - it was too strong and there was no way to temper it.  It also took a long time to make and I have several cuts on my hand from dealing with the coconut.

I looked up Puerto Rican coquito on Google and found several recipes - none of which required fresh grated coconut, each which could be put in a blender and that used white rum instead of the 151 proof dark rum.  Time to try these other recipes.  I chose one and gave it a try - what a DIFFERENCE!!!  Que Bueno!

This was a lot easier and even warm tasted good - imagine when it had been properly chilled?  In this batch I kept out the egg yolks; but, I might try it in the next batch - I will have to make it another two or three times during the holiday season.

I don't think I will be cooking from my Puerto Rican cookbook; but, instead will look up the recipes I need for Christmas dinner on Google!!

No comments:

Post a Comment