Sunday, December 8, 2013

Time for Christmas Cards



I have a timeline in my head of everything that I need to do for the holidays and when I want them done - this weekend it was time to write out the Christmas cards.

I buy my cards at the end of the season - I can always find a card that has what I want to say about the season and I feel somewhat good about not spending "full" price for something that will be read, displayed for a few week and then thrown out.  But, despite that I like sending and receiving Christmas cards.

Sunday afternoon that was my holiday chore - time to write out the cards; YES, I still do it by hand.  Address the envelopes, lick and seal them and put on the Christmas stamp. Thankfully we no longer have to lick stamps.  I will mail them on Tuesday from the office unless on Monday I am near a post office.

The only card I have received so far is from my paper delivery person; I know that amongst my friends I usually get them out the earliest.

I still believe in the written card and I hope that everyone I send one to enjoys it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment