Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oh Those Lights



On Friday I put up the lights - they go inside in three places, the French doors in the kitchen, the dining room window and the bay window in the living room.

The kitchen is the hardest to do - but, finally done and there is a timer on each of the lights.  It means getting on the floor in some uncomfortable positions to make sure the correct time is on it and then  to set the on/off for the timer.

Well, somehow I didn't time the ones in the living room correctly as when I came down in the morning the Christmas lights were still on.  Ryan helped by looking to see what I had programmed into the timer.  I then went down and re-set it and the lights wouldn't go off - didn't matter what I did they stayed on.  I just gave up and we left for the bookstore - when we got back they were off.

I waited to see if they would go on at 4:40PM as programmed - no, because I had programmed 4:40AM; I quickly fixed it and I think that it is now set correctly.

There is nothing like sitting in the living room and seeing each of the windows turn on - so magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment