Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Memories and Sentiment


Yesterday as I went to drive home from work I put my radio on SiriusXM's Holly Channel and the first song I heard was, The Christmas Shoes.

I immediately began to cry as I was singing along to the song.  This is not only a song, but a book; and, a movie which featured Rob Lowe.  It is the story of a little boy who wants to buy his mother these pretty shoes but doesn't have enough money and the man who is at the store watching this and helps him.

Okay you say - so what?  The kicker is that the little boy's Mother is dying and per his father she doesn't have much time left before Jesus comes to take her.  Why does it get to me?  Well my Mom died after the holidays and I can remember us trying to make them always happy, special and memorable because we knew we didn't have much time left with her.

There are certain songs that tug at our heartstrings and this is one of the ones that does that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment