Friday, December 13, 2013

Oven Cleaning


I just cleaned my oven about a month and a half ago and it needed to be cleaned again. Isn't it great that we now have self-cleaning ovens??

I have been using my oven quite steadily between baking and cooking; and, although I try to be careful there are times when items spill onto the oven bottom.  Yesterday morning I baked some cookies and decided what better time than now to clean the oven; besides it is a good way to warm up the house.

My oven takes 3 hours to clean and it does a great job although I still have to clean the glass front.  That is nothing in comparison to what it used to be years ago when I had to use cans and cans of Easy Off oven cleaner and since I tend to not wear gloves when I do housework it wreaked havoc on my hands.  

I am going to take a bit of caution and will purchase an oven liner today so that in the event anything spills when I bake on Monday morning the only thing I will have to do is throw out the liner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment