Friday, March 14, 2014

Unbelievable Service


Okay I have already told you that I am technically challenged - so my latest dilemma was trying to get my iPad and my new iPhone onto my home wifi.

I thought I new what my security code was; but, each time I entered it I still could not "Join".  I have a service contract with the Geek Squad so I took my chances and called them.  I immediately received a Level 2 agent who helped me as much as she could, before she handed me off to Level 3 she established a remote connection so that the agent could just start typing and working on my issue.

We got the iPhone and iPad to join my router by his doing some configurations and then re-booting the router.  I was happy with just that; but, then he stated that my computer could use a clean up and tuning - I let him do it as long as none of my work files were compromised.  Thirty minutes later my computer is optimized, de-fragmented and working better than ever.

My issue: so what did the Help Desk technician do to my computer on Tuesday when I was in the office and he had it for over two hours?

All I can recommend is if you are not technically savvy and you don't have anyone who can do this - then invest in a service contract with the Geek Squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment