Friday, March 7, 2014

Some are Old, and the Others New



Last night I was a panelist at an event in downtown Manhattan on digital media. 

First let me say that the event was wonderful, my co-panelists were amazing and it was good to hear what other companies are focusing on and struggling with.  The venue a loft in NOHO (North of Houston St.) was an industrial loft and the grand opening of the company's New York location.  It is what you would expect of a New York loft with ducts and brick walls.

But, the amazing part of this was that I re-connected with many people who I have done business with in the last 20 years.  For as large as the industry is in conferencing/collaboration/digital media - it really is a small community; and, in some aspects it was a little of old home week.

I enjoy catching up with folks I have not seen or heard from in many years - it is great to see how people have evolved, how our values and motivation has changed.

I am proud to be part of a community that as we mature, learn more about the work we do  -   we look to see how we can use it to enrich other people's lives.  As a community that is our legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment