Monday, March 17, 2014

Time Management in the Kitchen


Yesterday I needed to apply the time management skills that I use in the office to my kitchen to get everything done that I wanted to for St. Patrick's Day dinner.

We needed to go to the bakery and pick up the carrot cake I had ordered and then it was to the grocery store to buy the salad items and the beef for the Steak and Guinness pie.  Finally home by 12 noon and I was going to start my first bread.

Both breads take an hour to bake and I was also going to make an Irish apple cake that takes 45 minutes to bake.  My strategy was to prep the other item while one was in the oven.  That worked and I was also able to wash dishes in between and make the salad.

Once I had the steak and Guinness pot pie simmering I was able to sit down for a couple of hours.

I somehow am always very ambitious for these dinners; and, thankfully seem to be gettign better at managing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment