Monday, November 4, 2013

FOUND


For the last several months I have been trying to figure out what I did with a set of rings - I had resigned myself to having lost them.

I was quite bereft about it as they were a favorite of mine; bought at a store named Bloom on Madison Avenue that no longer exists.  I loved the ring so much that on several occasions the stone had come out of the setting and I would take it back to be re-set - each time it would have to be shipped to Japan.  The last time the stone came out of the setting I took it to my regular jeweler to reset and it has never come out of its setting again.

I had gone through all of my jewelry and had resigned myself to it being lost - can you imagine my surprise when on Saturday night as I was pressing a jacket that I have not worn since March I found the rings in the pocket.

I was astonished - I certainly do not remember putting them in my pocket; but, I could understand why I would do so.  I have a tendency to take off my rings when I wash my hands - as a child I was allergic to water (yes, I know how strange that sounds) and the skin would peel off my fingers.  Nowadays I make sure that I do not have anything on my fingers when I wash my hands so that I can dry them thoroughly.  I must have been in a public place and put my rings in my pocket.

It only goes to show that we should always check our pockets before putting things away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment