Thursday, November 14, 2013

AND They Go On


I don't know of anyone who did not wear a winter coat yesterday.

As I stepped into my car yesterday morning the thermostat registered 23 degrees - and for the first time the coat, scarf and gloves were out.  I don't know what happened as I got ready in the morning; but, before I knew it it was 6:50 and the train comes in at 7:05. Fifteen minutes to drive to the station, park the car, put quarters in the meter and get to the right track.

Well, I managed do all of it; and, the train was just pulling in as I was coming down the stairs - maybe it was meant to be as I did not have to stand on the platform which is on the Hudson River and feel the cold.  I also didn't feel it as I walked the 12 blocks to the office - which I always do very fast. 

That was just pure luck this time - I wouldn't mind being this lucky the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment