Friday, November 8, 2013

A Different View



There are certain roads I drive every day and notice the differences; then, there are others that I drive only periodically and the differences seem monumental.

That happened to me yesterday as I took the Bear Mountain Parkway and Bridge to New Jersey.  The last time I had driven it was during the summer and I remember thinking how narrow the road was and how much it winds around the mountains.  In the wintertime I am always looking at the road and the frozen water on the mountains - praying that the road is not icy.

Yesterday as I drove I was thinking that with much of the foliage gone and no ice around the road seemed wider - I was no longer concerned with the many twists and turns with no view of what is coming your way.  Or could it be that I feel more confident driving this road after 9 years?!

The only problem is that when you drive you really cannot enjoy the scenery as your eyes are supposed to be on the road!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment