Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Tony Awards

I am a huge Broadway musical aficionado and I am pleased to state that my best friend, Pat and I saw "Kinky Boots" and thoroughly loved it.

I do believe that the other contenders are also wonderful candidates and I am pleased to tell you that I am making plans to see the other musicals.  Ryan will be graduating from the 5th Grade - so his gift will be tickets to see "Matilda" with me.  A colleague from work and I will be seeing "Motown: The Musical" on July 17th; in fact, I will be purchasing the tickets this coming Wednesday.

I had seen "Pippin" when it originated with Ben Vereen; but, I am going to make arrangements to see this revival.  I also want to see "Cinderella" as this version is the one I saw on television in the 60's and totally fell in love with; then there is "Annie" and I would like to see it with Jane Lynch this summer.

If I can get through all of those in the next couple of months, then I will be ready for the new season which will begin in the fall.

If you have never seen a musical - please go as there is nothing like LIVE theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment