Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pay It Forward

I had a wonderful day at the shore yesterday.  The weather was great - I have begun to work on my summer tan and I finished one book and began Inferno.

I always go to Cape May whenever I am in Wildwood Crest - yesterday was no exception.  I enjoy looking at the quaint shops and I generally have dinner at one of the restaurants while I am there.

In Cape May you need to find a parking spot in one of the many public parking lots and then get a ticket from the Muni Meter and display it in your window.  I went to where I regularly park and noticed that they had signs that stated there would be NO PARKING between 4 and 7PM - it was already almost 3PM - this wouldn't do.

I went and parked in a different lot and as I was making my way to the Muni Meter a young guy offered me his Muni Meter ticket - he was leaving and it was good to 7PM.  I thanked him and took it and thought - wow - how nice.

I walked all around Cape May, did a little bit of shopping and grabbed some dinner - it was almost 5PM and as I went to my car I saw someone walking to the Muni Meter and offered him my ticket.

He accepted it; but, did state 'You are from NY - you guys aren't generally friendly' - he was from Philly.

I was glad to "pay it forward"; but, gladder to prove to him New Yorkers can be VERY friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment