Monday, June 17, 2013

Grilled Dinner

Just about my entire Father's Day dinner for my nephew, Gerard was grilled today and I did it!!!

Now you may think that is no big deal except that generally I am not the person who grills in my home; it would be my cousin or my nephew-in-law; with neither of them here it was up to me.

Of course I can't do things simply - I decide to grill steaks, potatoes and corn.  I sauteed onions and mushrooms, made a big salad and made white sangria; lastly, a carrot cake from the bakery.  OH, but I did bake a cheese danish for Callum.

I am happy to state that everything came out cooked at the same time and it all tasted delicious.  Another dinner done and something else I have managed to accomplish.

I have to thank my nephew, his wife and the boys for being willing to be my guinea pigs as I experiment with different recipes and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment