Thursday, June 6, 2013

Satisfied Customer

My job is to ensure that the employees of the Health System can collaborate and/or participate in a web cast or a video conference.  I am also responsible for recommending what type of video system they should purchase.

Given the cost of these systems I want to ensure that people are comfortable with the technology and are using it.  That was my team and my responsibility yesterday - to unfrustrate a client who was having issues with their system.

It took a moment of telling the individual, "breathe" and "don't let the technology intimidate you"; but, by the time we left we had a convert.

People are generally good and just need some hand holding.  Taking the time to meet the person on their own "turf", demonstrating and then having them re-enact the steps while you are there works wonders.  Lastly, we will be putting together a one page document that they can refer to whenever they may be a little confused.

So, what makes me feel good?  That - having a client smile, tell you thank you - and see them do it on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment