Friday, June 28, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Callum has two phrases he is always saying to me, the first is "don't worry Auntie Toni" and the second is "are you alright"?

Children are extremely perceptive and he can always gauge my mood - he is sensitive and wants to please people.  He is very much into moods lately and in his shows can tell when the characters are sad or crying.

He lately will let you know if he is sad or scared and I try to talk to him as to why he is feeling that way.  He cannot always articulate it; but, he is very much a child who is into routines and anytime his routine is changed he is upset.

I do think that much of his vocabulary comes from his Nick, Jr. shows - having had him over for these past few days I am amazed that he knows his alphabet, his numbers and can spell his name.  I have downloaded many educational apps to my iPad and he will go ahead and get himself on it and play music or do alphabets or work on animal association.

Take the time to learn from a small child near you - watch how perceptive they are and how your moods influence them.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment