Thursday, June 13, 2013

Burned Scalp

I was at the Jersey shore on June 1st and 2nd - if you remember those days we just skirted the 90's and at the shore there was a very nice breeze.

I didn't wear a hat on either day and managed to burn my scalp.  I can tell you that when it happened it hurt - a week later I was getting a haircut and was concerned that someone else washing my hair or blow drying it with a hairbrush would cause me agony.  It didn't hurt that much - I could grin and bear it.

What is causing me more agony and annoyance now is that my scalp is peeling and it itches.  I wish I knew what type of cream to put on it to stop the itching, stop it from peeling and to have it back to normal.

I am amazed that when you go to buy sunscreen there is nothing out there that you can either mousse into your scalp or spray on it.  The scalp tends to be very sensitive and burns easily.  So it is not just men who need to beware; but, also women and children especially those who may be fair skinned.

Another lesson learned - when sunning wear a hat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment