Monday, April 15, 2013

Tax Day

Today is April 15th and the day that we must either file our taxes or ask for an extension.  Many people fear today - not me.  We know that it is inevitable, just like death.

Do you realize that it is the 100th birthday of the filing of taxes?  I just learned that yesterday.  And today's taxes are very different then the were back then - taxes were only 7% and paid for by only by the rich.

I have never been someone to wait until the very last day - I have one place for all my receipts throughout the year.  As tax information comes in January I place them in that one folder and by mid-February I have all my information, have built my spreadsheet for my Accountant with all the categories, mortgage interest, charitable contributions, etc.

When I see my accountant it is a 15 minute conversation - they are filed within a couple of days and within 4 weeks I have my refund.

Being organized and a bit compulsive let's me not be anxious about this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment