Sunday, April 14, 2013

Reading Books

I finished reading a book yesterday and pulled another one down from my shelf to start immediately.

I try to read a chapter or two every evening and it may take me longer now to read a book than when I used to commute into Manhattan every day.

I am so pleased to see that Ryan and Callum are interested in books and enjoy reading.  Okay Callum is only 4 1/2 and really cannot read; but, he does like big books and by that I mean adult books.  He knows how to hold them properly and to turn the pages.  He actually holds the books and states, "tell a story" - he is actually holding the book so that we can see it.  I know that he mimics story telling time at school; but, I love that he has embraced books.

Today after I finish up at the gym, I will stop by Barnes & Noble and pick up a book for Callum and one for Ryan - they will be spending next Saturday night with me and this will be a way for them to entertain themselves.

Reading will introduce them to the world, transport them to different lands and let their imaginations run wildIntroduce a child to reading or become re-acquainted yourself with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment