Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New York Traffic

Yesterday my boss urged me to leave the office a little after 3PM - our goal was for each of us to get home so that we could get on a call and finish a presentation for a meeting today.

An hour and 45 minutes - piece of cake I should be home with 30 minutes to go through yesterday's mail.  All was fine off Long Island, on to the Throgs Neck Bridge and onto the Hutchinson River Parkway.  And there began my mistake.

The Hutch as we call it is only 5 miles long - it does have a tendency to get a little backed up; but, not too bad.  Not yesterday.  It took me 40 minutes to go 5 miles - I normally would not mind except we had this meeting scheduled for 5PM.  Well I was 6 minutes late - my boss who lives in New Jersey and has to go over the George Washington Bridge made it under the 2 hours.

As they say, "the best laid plans of mice and men".  Good news - we did get the presentation finished and are prepared for it today.

Wish us LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment