Sunday, April 28, 2013

Aqua Spinning

The other day on the news a reporter spoke about aqua spinning - it is literally spinning while in the water.

There is only one facility in New York City that has this capability and it is something I would like to try.  You have to be in 4 feet of water and there is no resistance on the bike because your resistance is trying to stay on the bike because of all the water activity that you are generating as you spin.

It is absolutely supposed to give you an excellent workout and be kind to your joints as the water gives so much buoyancy.

I mentioned this class to my cardio splash instructor, Abby yesterday morning and we are hoping to get a few of us to go into Manhattan to try the class.

It is only 45 minutes long - I am a sucker for something new - I am even going to do a yoga class this week.

Somehow as I get older I am more willing to challenge myself; is that a sign of maturity?!?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment